Collaboration Communities - User Guide 7.0
User Guide Search
VLab User Guide
Offer a platform that allows all NWS (and related NOAA agency) staff the ability to work together virtually, regardless of physical location, which promotes teamwork.
Supports formal and informal collaboration to pursue innovation projects, thereby reducing time and cost of transitions of NOAA field innovations to enterprise operations.
The Collaboration Communities section aims to:
- Minimize redundancy and leverage complementary skill sets
- Support informal collaboration
- Promotes a NOAA culture based on trust
Acceptable submissions to the Collaboration Communities site include:
- Request to join an existing community
- Request to create a new community (Users will need to read through the available community names and descriptions to ensure that they are not requesting a community that already exists.)
- Participate in discussion forums.
- Share expertise on a topic in your community via a blog.
Timelines September 6, 2019
Portlet Guidance August 27, 2019
Managing Permissions: Page, Portlet, Content August 16, 2019
Using Forums July 2, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) April 9, 2019
Request Forms March 28, 2019
VLab Training March 28, 2019
Leverage the VLab Troubleshooting Forum March 28, 2019
VLab Support Team Consultation March 28, 2019
Submission Review (SOOs, DOHs, and Science Program Managers) March 28, 2019
Introduction 67350 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents (NEW) 11582 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents 4615 Views
Contact Us 2510 Views
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 2449 Views
VLab Training 2248 Views
Request Forms 2184 Views
Navigation 1643 Views
VLab Landing Page 1570 Views
Training Resources 1527 Views
Child Articles (4)
Collaboration communities partition the VLab into areas of interest. In this section, you'll learn how to use the My Communities portlet to review a list of communities, including who their owners...
This section describes how to use the default set of portlets found in VLab communities.
In this section, you will learn how to use the WebDAV protocol to manage VLab files from your desktop computer.
VLab offers workflow capabilities to support the automatic review and processing of content.