Science Sharing - User Guide 7.0
User Guide Search
VLab User Guide
Offer a mechanism that allows all NWS (and related NOAA agency) staff the ability to efficiently share new research and training initiatives with all offices, regardless of work-schedule conflicts or budget issues, at minimal cost.
The Science Sharing section evolved from Science, Technology, and Operations-based Meteorology (STORM), a science sharing initiative developed by Pete Wolf and Jason Deese, NWS Jacksonville, and evaluated in the NWS Southern Region in 2008-2009. The success of the program led to its incorporation into the national Virtual Lab (VLab).
The Science Sharing section aims to accomplish the following:
- Serve as a primary source of research/training initiative sharing within NOAA
- Serve as a means of sharing useful operational and research information with all NOAA entities
- Allow all staff the opportunity to share information, including electronics staff and other support staff
- Remove the common barriers to effective science sharing, including cost, work schedule conflicts, location, etc.
The following can be submitted to the Science Sharing site within the VLab:
- Research papers or presentations, resulting from local, regional, or national research, including prior submissions to journals or conferences
- Local, regional, or national case studies, or other research not formally submitted to journals or conferences
- Locally, regionally, or nationally-designed training initiatives
- Papers or presentations covering any operations- or technology-related area. This includes hydrology, climatology, space weather, and the technology used operationally
- Results of collaborations conducted through the VLab
Organizing Pages February 14, 2020
How to Use Staging January 23, 2020
Timelines January 23, 2020
Using Document Libraries December 18, 2019
What's New In VLab-DXP October 25, 2019
Submission Review (SOOs, DOHs, and Science Program Managers) October 25, 2019
Navigation October 25, 2019
Changing the Community Theme October 25, 2019
Creating Embedded Pages October 25, 2019
VLab Landing Page October 25, 2019
Introduction 103394 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents (NEW) 11744 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents 4630 Views
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 3158 Views
VLab Training 2835 Views
Request Forms 2668 Views
Contact Us 2519 Views
Training Resources 2222 Views
VLab Landing Page 2186 Views
Child Articles (4)
Introduction The Science Sharing page is designed for easy navigation. The page consists of multiple portlets. Steps To access the Science Sharing Library do the following: Go to the VLab landing...
Introduction This page describes how to access a Science Sharing submission. Steps Simply click on the desired document from the document library or from the list resulting from using the search...
Submission Guidelines Acceptable File Formats: Word Document, PDF Document, HTML Document (or other types viewable online), PowerPoint File, Excel File, Recorded presentation. Acceptable Image...
Submission Reviews: You are the key review source for submissions you post to the Virtual Lab science sharing page from your office. The quality of the science shared on the Virtual Lab site...