Site Navigation - User Guide 7.0
User Guide Search
VLab User Guide
The VLab uses a consistent set of navigation elements across the site. The image below summarizes most of what you will see in the top portion of the VLab Communities pages. Each number in the image below is explained further below.
If you do not see some of these elements in your display, it likely means you do not have the corresponding permissions for the current Community displayed.
- Control Panel (aka Product Menu): This provides access to Account, Community, and Administration controls
- Home: Takes you to the main VLab Community landing page. Both the house icon and the VLab Logo provide this.
- Communities: Takes you to a list interface, where you can choose between Recent Communities you have visited, and the entire list of Communities for which you are a member.
- Edit Controls: Toggle whether you will see the Edit options and animations for the various editable portions of the pages.
- Community Name: The title of the community. When clicked,m it will bring you to the landing page for the currently displayed community.
- Community Pages Status: If the community has both Public and Private pages, this label will appear and tell you which you are currently viewing, and when clicked, will take you to the other set of pages. Example: "Public" means you are viewing the Public pages, and if you click it, it will take you to the Private pages.
- Navigation Bar / Page Bar: This lists the visible pages for the community. Clicking the various labels will take you to the corresponding pages in the community.
- VLab Resources: This will provide a menu where you can click and navigate to other VLab resources, such as Redmine, Code Review (aka Gerrit), and Jenkins.
- VLab Help: Takes you to the VLab Help pages, where you can find things like self-help guidance, opportunities to provide feedback to the VLab Support Team, and ways to request assistance from the VLab Support Team (including requests for Demos and Consultations).
- Account Access: If your account has an avatar, the avatar will be displayed here (although we cannot guarantee yours will be as handsome as the one used in the example image above :) ). If you have not provided an avatar image, letters from your user name will be the avatar used. Clicking this will open the Control Panel (aka Product Menu) and open the Account section, where you can manage your VLab account.
- Notifications: If you have received any notifications, the number will be displayed here. Clicking this will take you to your account's Notifications section (in the Control Panel (aka Product menu) ).
- Page Configuration: This will quickly take you to the configuration interface for the currently viewed Page. You can also get to this via the Control Panel (aka Product Menu).
- Add Portlets: Clicking the "+" will open up the right-sidebar where you can find and add various portlets to the currently displayed page, either as applications of pieces for pre-prepared Content.
- Device Simulator: Can resize the usable display area in your browser in order to simulate various devices (ie: phone, tablet) in order to see how all of the graphical elements get displayed on devices with different screen-estate.
- Search: Mouse-hovering over the Search icon will open the search entry and control widgets, where you can provide search criteria, which can then be applied over Everything (all of VLCS) or only This Community. Search will check for text matches in resource titles, tags, and content (though each piece of content may be configured to exclude itself from search results).
- Busy Bar: When VLab is busy doing some work for you, you will see an animated line repeatedly streak across the very top few pixels if the page. This will cease when the work is done.
Timelines September 6, 2019
Portlet Guidance August 27, 2019
Managing Permissions: Page, Portlet, Content August 16, 2019
Using Forums July 2, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) April 9, 2019
Request Forms March 28, 2019
VLab Training March 28, 2019
Leverage the VLab Troubleshooting Forum March 28, 2019
VLab Support Team Consultation March 28, 2019
Submission Review (SOOs, DOHs, and Science Program Managers) March 28, 2019
Introduction 67350 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents (NEW) 11582 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents 4615 Views
Contact Us 2510 Views
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 2450 Views
VLab Training 2248 Views
Request Forms 2184 Views
Navigation 1643 Views
VLab Landing Page 1570 Views
Training Resources 1527 Views
Child Articles (3)
Searching the VLab Users may search the site using the Search feature found in the navigation menu of the Page Header found on each VLab page. By placing the mouse over the search icon, you will...
Introduction This page describes the purpose and use of VLab categories and tags. Filtering by Category Users can leverage the Categories Navigation portlet to filter content according predefined...
Existing the VLab To exit the VLab, select the on the left side of the Control Menu. If necessary, click the user's section of the Product Menu (See #1 in the image below) to show its sub-menus....