You Make The Call - User Guide 7.0
User Guide Search
VLab User Guide
You Make The Call
You-Make-The-Call was initially designed/evaluated in the NWS Southern Region by Jeff Cupo (currently MIC, WFO Mobile, AL), in collaboration with Pete Wolf (SOO, WFO Jacksonville, FL) and Southern Region HQ (STSD).
You-Make-The-Call (YMTC) is an initiative that provides NOAA meteorologists, hydrologists, and support staff (electronics, IT, management) a means to share interesting observations, techniques, operational decisions, etc., encouraging effective data utilization, interpretation, decision-making, and situational awareness, in a manner that yields a training opportunity for others.
YMTC is a complementary program to the Science Sharing portion of the VLab that:
- Allows for shorter, more focused submissions
- Aims for submissions to be in a form that serves as a training opportunity for others
- Allows all NOAA staff, including meteorologists, hydrologists, climatologists, and support staff (e.g., electronics, IT, management) the ability to participate, regardless of budget or work schedule issues
View a video on You Make the Call
What can be submitted to YMTC:
- Brief results of studies
- Segments of papers or presentations, presented in a training format
- Interesting utilization of tools, techniques, technologies in support of improved data utilization or interpretation, decision-making, and situational awareness
- Illustrations of issues associated with tools, techniques, technologies
- Items relevant to operations and the Strategic Plan
Using Document Libraries December 18, 2019
What's New In VLab-DXP October 25, 2019
Submission Review (SOOs, DOHs, and Science Program Managers) October 25, 2019
Navigation October 25, 2019
Changing the Community Theme October 25, 2019
Creating Embedded Pages October 25, 2019
VLab Landing Page October 25, 2019
Site Navigation October 25, 2019
Timelines September 6, 2019
Portlet Guidance August 27, 2019
Introduction 93279 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents (NEW) 11719 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents 4628 Views
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 3025 Views
VLab Training 2703 Views
Request Forms 2580 Views
Contact Us 2517 Views
Training Resources 2082 Views
Navigation 2076 Views
Child Articles (4)
Introduction The You Make The Call (YMTC) page is designed for easy navigation, with multiple portlets. To access You Make The Call If not already in the Virtual Lab community, use the Select...
Viewing a Submission Case submissions are listed on the page in order based on submission/modification date, with the most recent at the top. You can utilize the search tool or tag/category...
Introduction YMTC submissions are designed to be short, easy to complete, and relevant to operations. Submissions are open to all staff members of the NWS and other related NOAA agencies (e.g.,...
Introduction You Make The Call (YMTC) aims to provide NWS meteorologists, hydrologists, climatologists and support staff with a minimal cost online mechanism for sharing observations, techniques,...