You Make The Call - User Guide 7.0
User Guide Search
VLab User Guide
You Make The Call
You-Make-The-Call was initially designed/evaluated in the NWS Southern Region by Jeff Cupo (currently MIC, WFO Mobile, AL), in collaboration with Pete Wolf (SOO, WFO Jacksonville, FL) and Southern Region HQ (STSD).
You-Make-The-Call (YMTC) is an initiative that provides NOAA meteorologists, hydrologists, and support staff (electronics, IT, management) a means to share interesting observations, techniques, operational decisions, etc., encouraging effective data utilization, interpretation, decision-making, and situational awareness, in a manner that yields a training opportunity for others.
YMTC is a complementary program to the Science Sharing portion of the VLab that:
- Allows for shorter, more focused submissions
- Aims for submissions to be in a form that serves as a training opportunity for others
- Allows all NOAA staff, including meteorologists, hydrologists, climatologists, and support staff (e.g., electronics, IT, management) the ability to participate, regardless of budget or work schedule issues
View a video on You Make the Call
What can be submitted to YMTC:
- Brief results of studies
- Segments of papers or presentations, presented in a training format
- Interesting utilization of tools, techniques, technologies in support of improved data utilization or interpretation, decision-making, and situational awareness
- Illustrations of issues associated with tools, techniques, technologies
- Items relevant to operations and the Strategic Plan
Timelines September 6, 2019
Portlet Guidance August 27, 2019
Managing Permissions: Page, Portlet, Content August 16, 2019
Using Forums July 2, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) April 9, 2019
Request Forms March 28, 2019
VLab Training March 28, 2019
Leverage the VLab Troubleshooting Forum March 28, 2019
VLab Support Team Consultation March 28, 2019
Submission Review (SOOs, DOHs, and Science Program Managers) March 28, 2019
Introduction 67350 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents (NEW) 11582 Views
User Guide - Table of Contents 4615 Views
Contact Us 2510 Views
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 2450 Views
VLab Training 2249 Views
Request Forms 2184 Views
Navigation 1643 Views
VLab Landing Page 1570 Views
Training Resources 1527 Views
Child Articles (4)
Introduction The You Make The Call (YMTC) page is designed for easy navigation, with multiple portlets. To access You Make The Call If not already in the Virtual Lab community, use the Select...
Viewing a Submission Case submissions are listed on the page in order based on submission/modification date, with the most recent at the top. You can utilize the search tool or tag/category...
Introduction YMTC submissions are designed to be short, easy to complete, and relevant to operations. Submissions are open to all staff members of the NWS and other related NOAA agencies (e.g.,...
Introduction You Make The Call (YMTC) aims to provide NWS meteorologists, hydrologists, climatologists and support staff with a minimal cost online mechanism for sharing observations, techniques,...