LAMP Update and Info - MDL
LAMP Update and Info
LAMP Information and Documentation
Information For Upcoming LAMP/GLMP v2.3.0 Upgrade. Estimated effective date: February 3, 2021
An upgrade to the LAMP and Gridded LAMP systems is planned to be implemented in NWS Operations in January 2021. This section deals with documentation relative to this upgrade (v2.3).
- Latest Service Change Notice showing Implementation details and effective date of February 3, 2021
- Presentations (download): Slide package for User Evaluation
- Public Information Statement requesting comments
- Experimental LAMP and GLMP graphics and products: GLMP and LAMP experimental web page.
- The current LAMP and GLMP WMO headers are unchanged with this implementation. For more details about the WMO headers for these products, please see the links under "WMO Headers" below.
- Presentations: Science Briefing to NCEP (coming soon!).
- Additional Stations: With this implementation making the following station changes:
- Addition of ceiling height, visibility, 1-h convection, and 1-h lightning guidance for 76 remote stations in Alaska. A separate LAMP text bulletin will be made available on NCEP web services for these 76 remote Alaska stations. Additional elements will be added to these bulletins in the next LMP implementation.
- LAMP Alaska Convection and Lightning Verification Report
- Description of the new LAMP v2.3 GFS LAMP Alphanumeric Text Messages (coming soon!)
- LAMP Thresholds (v2.3) for AWIPS (effective February 2021) (coming before February 2021)
General LAMP Information
- Description of the GFS LAMP system
- Gridded LAMP Background
- LAMP Convection Product Information (pdf)
- LAMP Lightning Product Information (pdf)
- Description of the GFS LAMP Alphanumeric Text Message
- GFS LAMP Frequently Asked Questions
- New list of all stations with LAMP guidance.
- List of (old - 2007) GFS LAMP Stations (Updated 02/21/2007)
- List of (old - 2010) GFS LAMP Stations - Effective March 3, 2010
- List of (old - 2012) GFS LAMP Stations - Effective July 17, 2012
- List of (old - 2015) GFS LAMP Stations - Effective January 14, 2015
- Additional GFS LAMP Stations - Effective May 8, 2007
- Additional GFS LAMP Stations - Effective July 17, 2012
- Removed GFS LAMP Stations - Effective January 14, 2015
- Additional GFS LAMP Stations - Effective January 25, 2018
- Current list of all GFS LAMP Stations - Effective January 25, 2018
GFS LAMP Technical Information
- GFS LAMP Forecast Elements
- Schematic depicting the 2-hr convection and lightning projections (pdf)
- WMO headers for:
- All LAMP station-based products and Gridded LAMP convection and lightning products (pdf) (Updated 6/18/2019)
- All other Gridded LAMP products (pdf) Effective June 2016; Updated 04/27/2016)
- Products on NWS server:
- Encoding details:
- GRIB2 encoding details for:
- Gridded LAMP 2-hr convection and lightning products
- Gridded LAMP 1-hr convection and lightning products
- Legacy Gridded LAMP thunderstorm products (Note: this is in reference to legacy 5-km gridded products which will be removed as soon as dependencies on them have been removed)
- All other Gridded LAMP products Updated 08/06/2015
- BUFR encoding details for LAMP station-based products
- GRIB2 encoding details for:
- Details of binary scaling of Gridded LAMP GRIB2 files Updated 08/06/2015
- GFS LAMP Jobs Sheets (Available in AWIPS OB7.2)
GFS LAMP Notifications of Changes
- Service Change Notice 17-101: Updated: Changes to LAMP station-based and gridded guidance effective January 25, 2018.
- Older GFS LAMP TINs